Monday, February 07, 2011

Going for it....


So, living in the back of beyond has it's aadvantages, and lots of them; but I miss my old cropping buddies. I have made contact with a few people in Wales who run crops, but they are all over an hour's drive away, and with one car between us, it's not very practical to go gadding about like that for a whole day; it means the rest of the family are stranded.
So, the obvious answer....start my own crop! Hmm, sounds a bit scary to be honest, except I do have a little previous experience ;)
I know of a few people locally who want to scrap, but lack the confidence, so I am going to start a Scrapaholix club; that way we have stash provided, they get to learn, I get to play. Happiness all round. All I have to do is design a class each month! Okay, no pressure there then, eek!
But even that should be okay; Scrapaholix issue guidelines with each kit as to the technique to teach. The picture is my first class, and a cracking place to start, learning how to use sketches to design a LO. I almost always use sketches, and Anam Stubbington has very kindly let Scrapaholix use this one, together with offering a prize to club members who upload pages to the club site in February.
So, we are starting here at home, so there's no pressure on me to fill a hall, the countdown has started.....19 days to go....

2 comments:

Nat said...

Oooh exciting news Tina...if only I lived that little bit closer! It's a lovely page and your croppers will love it :) Good luck xxxx

Anonymous said...

What a lovely layout, the colours and tones work beautifully together.