Thursday, September 18, 2008

I'm not dead....just busy


Cannot seriously believe I haven't blogged since I was 39! Actually, I thought I had, just after the Moonwalk; but if I did, the post has disappeared :)

Well, the Moonwalk was fab, cold, tiring, emotional and brilliant. I finished, although slower than planned (very few opportunities for overtaking, which frankly I could have done with), and now have a shiny (and heavy) medal to show for it.

We had a great week away over the May Half Term, to celebrate my birthday; and spent lots of time reading, playing scrabble and generally chilling.

As the summer approached, it became more and more apparent that I was unlikely to remain with my Employer (fourth wave of redundancies in two years, and I was very much 'last in'; add to that the fact that I b****y hated working for them!!!), so I started looking for a new job to tide me over until I started the 'shiny new career'.

What I ended up with was an old job; my old job to be precise. So, now I am happily ensconced back in A&E, working my old shifts, and frankly rather glad to be back, even if there is still filing left from when I departed 2+ years ago. The downside is that I can't currently go and play at Christina's on Thursday evenings; but thay should change in a few weeks as we have more staff on board.

So, comfortable in job-much-missed, going to the gym, planning for the future....

...but sometimes Fate has other ideas.

Out of the blue, an alternative future has been offered; not quite on a plate, but very much a feasible option. The chance for us to escape the rat race of middle England, and live in the sticks. The chance for Mr Coffee to work for himself, a long-held dream, and for me to run the office for him. Actually, it wasn't exactly a difficult decision for us, despite the big 'sacrifice' being my 'shiny new career', and surprisingly, the girls are keen too, despite the prospect of leaving all their friends.

So, after weeks of negotiation, it has been agreed; we are going. I can't tell you where, yet, but I will. Our home is going on the market on Monday (is it just me, or do Estate Agents employ 12 year olds?), and I am in the process of packing up my clutter (which may take a good deal of time!!!).

You'll find me under a pile of boxes...

1 comment:

Claire said...

My oh my the plot thickens! Please please get in touch with me to fill me in very soon! Same e-mail and phone numbers as ever...and good luck with the house sale/move!