Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Moonwalk (and I don't mean the Michael Jackson dance!!)


Well, the time is nearly here for me to complete my 'I am 40 and fabulous(ish)' Challenge; the Playtex Moonwalk.

If I haven't already bored you with the details elsewhere, I am Power Walking a full Marathon, at night, in my bra, to raise money for the Walk the Walk breast cancer charity. Yes, in my bra. (I know; it seemed like a good idea at the time!)

Seriously though, I am really looking forward to the night; and am sure that the atmosphere will be amazing. DD1 has been repeatedly reassured that amongst the 15,000 entrants, I won't be the only Mummy with a wobbly tummy, and that all the other people will be wearing oddly decorated bras as well. DD2 simply thinks I am the coolest Mummy ever to be doing it and frankly doesn't give two hoots what I will (or won't) be wearing!!

Training is going well so far; I completed 16 miles on Saturday, and have been spurred on by people generously sponsoring me (thanks Nattie!). Oh, and a few Mars bars have been consumed on the way, all in the name of training you understand!

So, positive thoughts please for the night of 17th May; and if it stays dry/ snow free, I will be an even happier bunny!!

Edited to add; my sponsorship page is
www.justgiving.com/tinasmith40 if you fancy reading more. You'll need to cut and paste, I can't get hyperlinks to work on Blogger today.

TTFN

3 comments:

Nat said...

Glad you got it Tina - best of luck, you go girl!! xxx

Chrissie said...

When's the bra thing? Pictures of this I MUST see!

*snort* Watford!!!! What riff raff!

Claire said...

Bu**er! I missed it - I'm at work at the moment, but I'll sponsor you retrospectively at home this evening. Sorry for being such a rubbish friend (and you kept leaving comments on my blog to subtley remind me too! LOL)