Friday, June 01, 2007

Catching up!



Well, cannot believe I have been such a lax Blogger; even by my Random standards!

The Race for Life went well: far better than I had hoped: I did have a few walk breaks, but coped well with the big, long, slow hill, although I struggled with the steep hill going down (1:10). It stayed dry and sunny, and I got round in 40 minutes, which was quicker than I had planned (and I was hot on the heels of my friend and GP, Karen, who is skinny and fit!). Certainly not the start of my illustrious running career, but an achievement, and one that I will always be proud of. Rachel of course breezed round in sub-35 minutes, cross that she didn't win! Our plan next time is to send her to the Start line with some running friends from her Athletics Club, so that she can at least get an accurate time (starting from 500 people back, you don't really know how well you have done: it takes ages to get past the walkers! My friend Shelley and I wished that we had bicycle bells to ring as we struggled to get through!

Next year I will be 40, and I have a most unusual plan to celebrate: not running, but certainly another demanding physical challenge: it depends of course if I am accepted, but I will keep you all posted. I may well have drafted a friend in too, as she will be 40 three days before me, and hopefully the courage levels will be doubled! (I think we may need LOTS of courage!).

Last weekend was my birthday, and we had a lovely time away, visiting Warwick and Banbury, eating and drinking well, and generally relaxing. The picture is just to prove that it really did stay dry in some parts of the country!! The rain held off until teatime Saturday, and we managed to park outside the restaurant in the evening, thus remaining dry and happy (or was that the very large glass of red wine?).

I have been working extra hours this week, as Phil had the week off to decorate the hall and entertain the girls. Not fun (for me anyway), but at least it is the weekend now, and I have Monday off (there is an inset day in School), weather permitting we are planning a Magical Mystery day out. It was never planned as a Mystery, but since the Legoland tickets haven't actually arrived yet, it may well be a mystery as to where we end up!!!!

5 comments:

Claire said...

Glad you had a lovely birthday (and sooooooooo sorry I haven't sent you a card yet!). Have a lovely relaxing weekend, and perhaps we'll actually speak soon ? LOL

Nat said...

Glad you had a fabby birthday!!

Intruiged and excited by your celebration plans for next year. You're not going to hike up Everest are you?! xxx

Lisa said...

Hi, found you through a wonderful maze of the her space/my space blog posts and followed nat xxx over... (just so you'll know who is posting and why).

Sounds like a very exciting time! Happy belated birthday!

Penny aka Pennyk said...

Tina glad you had a good birthday. The 40th celebration will be a bungy jump?
congrats on completing your race for life!

stampandscrap@mail.com said...

Stunning photo > Happy Birthday