Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Looking forward.......

As usual, I am filled with optimism at this time of year: we have so much to look forward to: already we have a holiday booked, Phil's imminent helicopter trip, and of course my long-awaited scrapping Retreat in April.

Now that I am a scrapper of course, I hope to record these events on paper: and am hoping that I can be a little more current, as well as trying to catch up with the previous 35 years worth of photos!

Looking back at 2006, there are many events recorded in my scrapbook, days of laughter, fun, sunshine and family moments. What I almost completely failed to do was to record the less than happy times: the death of my beloved Nana in the spring, and losing a baby in early pregnancy in the autumn. Whilst I would still find it difficult to complete pages about these events, and certainly would not be publishing them for all to see, I definitely feel that there should be a lot more balance in my scrapbooking.

I have never kept a diary as such: this Blog is probably the closest I shall ever get to that: but what I have promised myself is to try and make a 2-page 'month-in-review', every month. The idea was in 'Creating Keepsakes' magazine, and it struck me as a cracking way of scrapping all those 'odd' photos that don't necessarily deserve a page all to themselves. My total progress so far has been to download the calendar templates from the internet: but then I did only make the decision to undertake this project at coffee time this morning!

All I need to do now is make some decisions on papers etc. but I think I will take each month as it comes, and see what takes my fancy at the time. Off now for a bit of paper-shuffling.

2 comments:

Chrissie said...

Oh.

You didn't tell me about the baby Tina.

I'm so sorry.

((hugs))

Tina said...

We didn't really tell anyone: it was easier at the time not to talk about it.

We are fine with it all now. (and not having any more!).