Sunday, January 13, 2013

Even more of a slacker than usual...

Really, a whole year without blogging? Actually I hadn't realised it was that long, but sometimes life just gets in the way, doesn't it? I could do a sort of 'year in review' for 2012, but that's a big ask for someone with as dodgy a memory as mine. So, let's just say; 'it went well'. Progress in both work, home and play aspects of all of our lives. I made several new discoveries; the fact that actually, I can hit a golf ball, that running is possibly the most addictive form of exercise known to man (once you get the hang of it), and that, having thought I despised it, I do in fact enjoy hand sewing! This comes as a real surprise, but my Monday evenings have been transformed, as I sit and stitch whatever my latest project is, in the very good company of our local craft group. This also helps when there is not a lot of table space, and anything requiring too much concentration means that I can't chat freely, which is kind of the point of the group. Anyway, the photo (taken on my phone, hence the not-so-great quality) is of my first 'proper' quilt. It's about 1.5 metres square, and I completed the embroidered panels over Christmas and New Year, when I was too poorly with a chest infection to do much exercise. I am now in the process of basting it all together, after which it will be hand quilted.
When it is completed, I will try and take a proper picture with a camera (when also the light might be a little better).

No comments: